- Email: John.Lavery@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 702.693.4361
- Fax: 702.366.9563
John Lavery is a partner in the Las Vegas office of Lewis Brisbois and a co-chair of the Workers' Compensation Practice. He focuses his practice in the areas of workers’ compensation, employment litigation and general civil litigation. Mr. Lavery primarily defends casinos, business entities, and their insurers in all areas of industrial insurance and related matters. Mr. Lavery also defends employers charged with harassment and discrimination before the Nevada Equal Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the state and federal courts of Nevada. Mr. Lavery also defends employers in general liability cases, including premises liability, product liability, and general tort claims.
Mr. Lavery was formerly appointed by Governor Robert Miller to serve as an administrative law judge for the Nevada Department of Administration, presiding over contested matters relating to industrial insurance. He was a Municipal Judge for the City of Las Vegas and currently serves as a Judge, pro tempore, presiding over misdemeanor criminal cases. Mr. Lavery is also a Discovery Commissioner, pro tempore, for the Clark County Family Courts, presiding over issues relating to adult and juvenile guardianships.
Related Webinars & Seminars
- October 18, 2018 Upcoming Webinar: Hot Issues in Workers’ Compensation
Mr. Lavery has been a frequent lecturer and presenter on issues related to workers’ compensation in the State of Nevada.
- Clark County Bar Association
- Nevada Trial Lawyers Association
Awards & Honors
- Denver University Law Review, Member; Denver University Administrative Law Review, Member
- East Carolina University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1984
- Sigma Tau Delta, National English Honor Fraternity
University of Denver College of Law
Juris Doctor, 1988
East Carolina University
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, 1984