- Email: David.Kestenbaum@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 415.438.6696
- Fax: 415.434.0882
David Kestenbaum is a partner in the San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Products Liability Practice. Mr. Kestenbaum was born and raised in Los Angeles, California and went to college at the University of California at Santa Barbara where he majored in Law and Society and graduated with high honors. After graduating and traveling throughout Western Europe and Japan, David attended law school at the University of California Hastings. While at UC Hastings, he became very involved in Moot Court, and as a second year law student, competed at the John Marshall Law School Internet and Privacy Law Competition where his team won Best Petitioner's Brief. David continued working for the Moot Court department serving both as an honor society board member and as a teaching assistant. As a third year law student, he co-chaired the Moot Court Honor Society and competed in the Tulane Sports Law Competition, where David and his team won the National Championship.
Law School achievements: Co-Chair of the Hastings Moot Court Honor Society, recipient of the Appellate Advocacy Award, Best Oral Advocate, and member of the Tulane Sports Law Competition Moot Court Team which won a National Championship in 2007. David has continued his involvement with the Hastings Moot Court Honor Society and currently serves as an Alumni Consultant.
David's practice focuses on environmental litigation with an emphasis on product liability and toxic tort. He has handled numerous cases and has been involved in preparing trials on his clients' behalf and has taken many depositions, drafted and argued numerous motions, as well as participated in every aspect of case-handling. David has participated in the successful resolution of cases through dispositive motions, negotiations, mediation and settlement conferences. David has successfully represented his clients in trials in both San Francisco and Alameda Counties.
- July 26, 2016 Talc And The Possible Link To Cancer
- August 01, 2016 Class Action & Mass Tort Newsletter: Volume 1 - August 1, 2016
David began his legal career working as a public defender in Contra Costa County and then joined the law firm of Walsworth, Franklin, Bevins & McCall before joining Lewis Brisbois where he focused on civil litigation.
California Northern District Court
- American Bar Association
- Hastings Moot Court Honor Society Advisory Board Member
Awards & Honors
- Selected as a Northern California Super Lawyer Rising Star (2016)
- John Marshall Privacy Moot Court Competition National Semi-Finalists and Awarded Best Petitioner’s Brief (2006)
- Tulane Sports Law Moot Court Competition – National Champions and Awarded Best Brief (2007)
- David Snodgrass Interschool Competition Best Oral Advocate Nomination (2006)
- Appellate Advocacy Best Oral Advocate Nomination (2006)
- Best Oral Advocate Moot Court (2005)
University of California Hastings College of the Law
Juris Doctor, 2007
University of California at Santa Barbara
Bachelor of Arts, with High Honors, 2003