- Email: Thomas.Kelley@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 618.307.7287
- Fax: 618.692.6099
Thomas Kelley is an associate in the Madison County, Illinois office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability, Products Liability, and Asbestos Litigation Practices. Mr. Kelley has significant courtroom, deposition and motion practice experience in both Illinois and Missouri state courts. Mr. Kelley has successfully argued dispositive motions in courts throughout southern and central Illinois. Born and raised the son of a successful solo practitioner and now judge, Mr. Kelley’s legal relationships and lifelong exposure to every aspect of litigation allow him to provide clients with a unique perspective that other attorneys cannot provide.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. Kelley clerked at one of the largest civil defense law firms in Illinois. He is an active member of St. Clair County Bar Association, East St. Louis Bar Association and Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel.
- Lash v. Vittitow (Fayette County, IL, 2016) (successfully argued motion to dismiss on behalf of defendant in motor vehicle accident case).
- Knobloch v. SunTrust Mortgage Company (Monroe County, IL, 2016) (secured dismissal of Plaintiff’s premises liability and wrongful death claims by successfully arguing that Plaintiff failed to state a cause of action).
- Hunter v. Land Works (St. Clair County, IL, 2015) (secured summary judgment in favor of defendant in a premises liability case).
United States District Court - Southern District of Illinois
- Illinois State Bar Association
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- Appointed to Board of Directors for 2017-2019 term
- Madison County Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- East St. Louis Bar Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
Awards & Honors
- Recognized as Emerging Lawyer in Illinois by Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s Leading Lawyers Division
- Top 2% of lawyers age 40 or younger
Saint Louis University School of Law
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
Bachelor of Science