- Email: Todd.Kastetter@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 720.292.2013
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Todd E. Kastetter is a partner in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. Mr. Kastetter is an “AV” rated trial attorney with more than 28 years of civil litigation experience. His practice includes contested probate matters, trust and estate litigation, professional liability defense, and fiduciary liability, as well as civil litigation involving commercial and business disputes. Mr. Kastetter has substantial experience litigating a wide variety of civil and probate matters, from inception through trial (or arbitration) and post-trial proceedings, including analyzing factual and legal issues and developing case strategy, litigating discovery, pre-trial and post-trial motions and negotiating settlement. Mr. Kastetter’s service to clients also includes negotiating and drafting transactional documents, as well as providing legal opinions and advice.
Mr. Kastetter litigates complex matters involving trusts, wills, guardianships, conservatorships, probate and business/commercial matters, including real estate. In addition, Mr. Kastetter’s work includes professional liability and general business litigation. Mr. Kastetter has been asked to speak on these and other subjects, including examination of expert witnesses, discovery, probate litigation and will contests before local, regional and national organizations (legal and professional). Mr. Kastetter is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, The First Judicial District Bar Association and the Colorado Women's Bar Association. Mr. Kastetter holds a law degree from the University of Denver College of Law. Mr. Kastetter is admitted to practice law in Colorado, the U.S. District Court - District of Colorado, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- “Quality Concepts and Product Litigation,” The Total Quality Management Magazine, Volume 11, Issue 4, pp. 264 - 273 (1999).
- “Quality Concepts and Litigation: The Role of Record Keeping in Products Liability Litigation in the United States,” Management Decision, Volume 37, Issue 8, pp. 633 - 642 (1999).
- The New Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, 17th Annual Seminar, Vail, Colorado, 1994
- New Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure, National Business Institute CLE, Denver, Colorado, 1995
- Personal Injury Settlements in Colorado, Denver, Colorado, 1997
- The Personal Injury Paralegal in Colorado, Institute For Paralegal Education, Denver, Colorado, 1997
- Products Liability for the Paralegal, Institute For Paralegal Education, Denver, Colorado, 1998
- Effective Examination of Expert Witnesses, Denver, Colorado, 1999
- Presenter - Equine Activities Liability and Risk Management, Colorado Dude Ranch Association Seminar, 1996/1997
- Panelist - Racing Promoters Monthly Workshop, Legal Panel - Reno, Nevada and Daytona Beach, Florida, 1990 - 1998
- Keynote Speaker - Quality Concepts and Litigation, 4th International Conference on ISO 9000 and TQM - Hong Kong SAR, 1999
- Presenter - Legal Aspects of Quality, American Society for Quality, Quality Management Division - Charlotte, North Carolina, 1999
- Presenter - Quality Concepts and Punitive Damages, American Society for Quality, Quality Management Division - San Francisco, California, 2000
- Practicing with Professionalism, Colorado Bar Association CLE, Denver, Colorado, 2000
- Evaluating Personal Injury Cases for Settlement, Denver, Colorado, 2003
- Complex Litigation Issues in Probate, Denver, Colorado, 2006
- Ethical Issues in Probate Litigation, Fremont/Custer Counties Bar Association, 2012
- Undue Influence Claims and Issues (Elder Law), Boulder County Bar Association, 2014
- Undue Influence: Questioned Conduct to Proximate Cause, CBA's 34th Annual Estate Planning Retreat, 2014
Colorado (State and Federal)
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit