- Email: Gilbert.Jones@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5516
- Fax: 714.850.1030
H. Gilbert Jones is an attorney in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Professional Liability Practice. Mr. Jones’ trial practice focuses on professional liability defense including medical and legal malpractice, products liability, wrongful termination, bad faith, general business matters, and drug cases.
Mr. Jones has tried to conclusion in excess of 185 jury trials and has handled and argued important cases in the Supreme Court of California and other appellate courts.
- August 21, 2017 Best Lawyers Honors 23 Lewis Brisbois Attorneys
All Federal Courts, including U.S. Supreme Court
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- American Bar Association; State of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- Diplomate of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) 1963, National President 1989
- California Trial Lawyer of the Year 1999, Lifetime Achievement Award 2009
- Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 1973
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, 1974
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- Southern California Association of Defense Counsel
- Robert Barnyard Inn of Court, Orange County
- California Medical/Legal Committee
Awards & Honors
- Who’s Who in the World of Who’s Who in the United States since 1975
- Best Lawyers in America by Naifeh and Smith (1983, 1987, 1991, 1993, 1995-1996-present) - Professional Liability, Personal Injury and Business Litigation. In the 1991 edition of Best Lawyers, Mr. Jones was the only defense attorney specializing in tort litigation listed in Orange County, California, where there were over 11,000 lawyers practicing. In 2014, he was named as Best Defense personal injury lawyer in Orange County, California.
- Survey conducted by Medical Economics in 1985 of leading plaintiff attorneys around the country voted Mr. Jones as one of the best medical malpractice defense attorneys in the United States.
University of California at Los Angeles
Juris Doctor, 1956
Bachelor of Science, 1947