- Email: Louis.Huber@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 816.299.4240
- Fax: 816.299.4245
Lou Huber is a partner in the Kansas City office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Commercial Litigation and Products Liability Practices. He has practiced as a trial attorney in Kansas City for over 35 years. He has represented clients in civil litigation matters involving commercial disputes, class actions, product liability, propane and natural gas, asbestos, multi-piece tire rims, automobile accidents, construction claims, injunctions, securities law, and personal injuries (both for plaintiffs and defendants). Since 1987 he has handled an extensive docket of fire, explosion and carbon monoxide cases in over 30 states. He has been national trial counsel for a major meat packer, a title insurance agency and propane gas companies. He maintains the Martindale-Hubbell ® AV Preeminent ™ Rating and has been recognized by Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers as a “Super Lawyer” and as a Top Attorney in the Kansas City Area by Kansas City Business Magazine.
In addition to his practice as a trial lawyer, he has been lead counsel in arbitrations and administrative law proceedings. He has handled appeals in Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, California, Michigan and the 8th Circuit and 10th Circuit United States Courts of Appeals.
- February 09, 2017 Avoiding Liability Arising from an E. Coli Illness Claim
Related Legal Alerts
- May 11, 2017 Employment Law Recovery – Blue Skies No More
- February 17, 2017 Hospitality Practice Newsletter - Winter 2017
- Obtained jury verdict for gas company in wrongful death case brought by mother of teenage boy arising from an explosion and fire in federal court in Ohio.
- Obtained jury verdict for gas company in wrongful death case brought by widow and mother of deceased man and child arising from a fire in federal court in Texas.
- Won wrongful death case arising from explosion in a bench trial in Louisiana state court.
- Obtained jury verdict for meat packer client in class action case alleging violation of Packers & Stockyards Act in federal court in South Dakota.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant in multimillion dollar property damage claim for loss of twenty-three giant tortoises in state court in New York.
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
U.S. District Court, Kansas
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Awards & Honors
- AV® Preeminent™ - Martindale Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers - Missouri & Kansas 2014 and 2015
- Top Attorney’s in the Kansas City Area, Kansas City Business Magazine
Harvard Law School
Juris Doctor, 1977
The University of Kansas
Bachelor of Science Business, 1974