- Email: Nicholas.Haynes@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 303.562.9771
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Nicholas Haynes is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. He focuses on general employment counseling and employment litigation in California and Colorado.
Mr. Haynes provides advice and counsel to employers regarding compliance with state and federal employment law, including wage and hour, leaves of absence, workplace investigations, performance management, and issues that arise from the time of hire to separation from employment.
Mr. Haynes represents employers before the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Colorado Civil Rights Division, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, and the California Division of Labor Standards and Enforcement.
Mr. Haynes has experience training employers and providing presentations on new employment laws, investigations, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, harassment prevention, unemployment, and garnishments and withholding orders. Mr. Haynes is licensed in California and Colorado.
Related Legal Alerts
- July 10, 2018 California’s Going and Coming Rule: Frequent Use of Your Car Throughout the Work Day Doesn’t Mean Your Employer Pays for Your Accidents
- May 03, 2018 Sell Me Something Good – U.S. Supreme Court Finds Auto Service Works Are Exempt Under the FLSA
- April 16, 2018 Colo. Supreme Court Weighs in on Deadline for Wage Claims
- February 07, 2018 #MeToo and Time’s Up: The Focus on Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- May 18, 2018 Nicholas Haynes to Present at NASCO Annual Summit
- April 27, 2018 Nicholas Haynes Slated to Speak at HR Conference
- February 09, 2018 Nicholas Haynes to Speak at Labor & Employment CLE
- September 13, 2017 Lewis Brisbois to Sponsor Colo. Employment Law Conference
Related Webinars & Seminars
- September 20, 2018 2018 Los Angeles Employment & Workers’ Compensation Law Seminar
- Law Clerk for Feirich, Mager, Green and Ryan in Carbondale, Illinois
- Unemployment Appeals Hearing Officer for Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Workers' Compensation defense for McCrea and Buck, LLC
- Managing Attorney of Affirmative Action Planning Services and Chair of California Committee at Mountain States Employers Council
Human Intelligence Collector (Interrogator and Arabic Linguist) with the U.S. Army
Comment: Indecisiveness in Compensating Traumatic Stress Disorder: Where does Illinois Leave First Responders? 34 S. ILL. U. L.J. 151 (Fall 2009)
U.S. Army 2002-2007 (deployed to Iraq 2005-2006)
Colorado Bar Association and California State Bar - Labor and Employment Group
Awards & Honors
Bronze Star Medal for meritorious service while deployed to Iraq.
Southern Illinois University School of Law
Murray State University
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy and Global Studies
Defense Language Institute
Associate of Arts, Arabic