- Email: Nicholas.Haynes@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 303.562.9771
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Nicholas Haynes is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Employment & Labor Practice. He focuses on general employment counseling and employment litigation in California and Colorado.
Mr. Haynes provides advice and counsel to employers regarding compliance with state and federal employment law, including wage and hour, leaves of absence, workplace investigations, performance management, and issues that arise from the time of hire to separation from employment.
Mr. Haynes represents employers before the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Colorado Civil Rights Division, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, and the California Division of Labor Standards and Enforcement.
Mr. Haynes has experience training employers and providing presentations on new employment laws, investigations, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, harassment prevention, unemployment, and garnishments and withholding orders. Mr. Haynes is licensed in California and Colorado.
Related Legal Alerts
- November 03, 2017 California Enacts a Quartet of Employment Laws Affecting Hiring Practices, Parental Leave, and Harassment Training
- August 28, 2017 San Francisco Issues Lactation Accommodation Guidance for Employers
- May 24, 2017 Rigid Progressive Disciplinary Practices and Long-Term Employment May Undermine an Employee’s At-Will Status
- May 03, 2017 Colorado Wage Theft Transparency Act Now Makes Wage Law Violations Subject to Public Disclosure
- September 13, 2017 Lewis Brisbois to Sponsor Colo. Employment Law Conference
- September 06, 2017 Nicholas Haynes to Give Presentation on Garnishments
- Law Clerk for Feirich, Mager, Green and Ryan in Carbondale, Illinois
- Unemployment Appeals Hearing Officer for Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Workers' Compensation defense for McCrea and Buck, LLC
- Managing Attorney of Affirmative Action Planning Services and Chair of California Committee at Mountain States Employers Council
Human Intelligence Collector (Interrogator and Arabic Linguist) with the U.S. Army
Comment: Indecisiveness in Compensating Traumatic Stress Disorder: Where does Illinois Leave First Responders? 34 S. ILL. U. L.J. 151 (Fall 2009)
U.S. Army 2002-2007 (deployed to Iraq 2005-2006)
Colorado Bar Association and California State Bar - Labor and Employment Group
Awards & Honors
Bronze Star Medal for meritorious service while deployed to Iraq.
Southern Illinois University School of Law
Murray State University
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy and Global Studies
Defense Language Institute
Associate of Arts, Arabic