- Email: Nicholas.Haynes@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 303.562.9771
- Fax: 303.861.7767
Nicholas Haynes is an associate in the Denver office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. He focuses on general employment counseling and employment litigation in California and Colorado.
Mr. Haynes provides advice and counsel to employers regarding compliance with state and federal employment law, including wage and hour, leaves of absence, workplace investigations, performance management, and issues that arise from the time of hire to separation from employment.
Mr. Haynes represents employers before the U.S. Department of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Colorado Civil Rights Division, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, and the California Division of Labor Standards and Enforcement.
Mr. Haynes has experience training employers and providing presentations on new employment laws, investigations, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, harassment prevention, unemployment, and garnishments and withholding orders. Mr. Haynes is licensed in California and Colorado.
Related Legal Alerts
- February 07, 2018 #MeToo and Time’s Up: The Focus on Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- January 08, 2018 California’s WARN Act: A Primer After NAASCO
- December 18, 2017 Colorado: Updates Impacting Employers in 2018
- November 03, 2017 California Enacts a Quartet of Employment Laws Affecting Hiring Practices, Parental Leave, and Harassment Training
- February 09, 2018 Nicholas Haynes to Speak at Labor & Employment CLE
- September 13, 2017 Lewis Brisbois to Sponsor Colo. Employment Law Conference
- September 06, 2017 Nicholas Haynes to Give Presentation on Garnishments
Related Webinars & Seminars
- Law Clerk for Feirich, Mager, Green and Ryan in Carbondale, Illinois
- Unemployment Appeals Hearing Officer for Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Workers' Compensation defense for McCrea and Buck, LLC
- Managing Attorney of Affirmative Action Planning Services and Chair of California Committee at Mountain States Employers Council
Human Intelligence Collector (Interrogator and Arabic Linguist) with the U.S. Army
Comment: Indecisiveness in Compensating Traumatic Stress Disorder: Where does Illinois Leave First Responders? 34 S. ILL. U. L.J. 151 (Fall 2009)
U.S. Army 2002-2007 (deployed to Iraq 2005-2006)
Colorado Bar Association and California State Bar - Labor and Employment Group
Awards & Honors
Bronze Star Medal for meritorious service while deployed to Iraq.
Southern Illinois University School of Law
Murray State University
Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy and Global Studies
Defense Language Institute
Associate of Arts, Arabic