- Email: Jacqui.Griffith@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 504.272.2789
- Fax: 504.754.7569
Jacqueline Griffith is a partner in the New Orleans office of Lewis Brisbois. Her multifaceted experience equips her to address the multi-dimensional needs of her healthcare clients and commercial clients. For her healthcare clients she is a member in the firm’s Healthcare, Healthcare Regulatory, Medical Malpractice Practice, and Long-Term Care & Elder Law Practice groups. For her corporate clients, she is a member of the Commercial Litigation, Corporate, General Liability, ERISA Litigation, Professional Liability, Worker’s Compensation, and Insurance Coverage Practices.
For the past two decades, Jacqueline Griffith has guided hospitals, physicians, dentists, nurses, healthcare practitioners and non-healthcare organizations through the many legal and regulatory complexities affecting their businesses. In the healthcare arena, this representation includes areas such as:
- Fraud and abuse analysis
- Compliance with Medicare, Medicaid, commercial and other third-party payors
- Regulatory advice
- Peer review and medical staff credentialing
- Professional liability
- Formation and review of Business organizations, such as LLCs
- Licensure matters
- Long term care general advice and litigation
- Healthcare provider agreements
- HIPAA compliance
- Reimbursement issues
- Out of network advice
- Appeals of adverse determinations of payments by insurance companies
- Risk management audits.
In addition to complex transactional representation, Ms. Griffith also provides a full array of litigation services to its healthcare clients in areas such as:
- Medical malpractice defense
- General liability defense
- Workers compensation defense
- Peer review
- Professional liability
- Employment related matters such as ADA
- Contract disputes
- Partnership disputes
- ERISA suits
Ms. Griffith’s healthcare knowledge and experience with medical malpractice law and professional liability is partly attributed to her past training and experience as a Registered Nurse in the ICU area, and as a Vice President of a teaching hospital. This operational experience and knowledge of the client’s business cannot be understated.
In addition to her healthcare practice, Ms. Griffith also litigates defense of complex commercial claims and personal injury claims. She has defended to verdict 18 wheeler trucking accidents and vehicular accidents. She has successfully used Accident reconstruction experts for trial, in addition to a wide range of trial dynamics for persuasion.
Further, in meeting the needs of her clients, she also provides advice directly or through consultation on corporate, employment & labor, general liability, ERISA, professional liability, worker’s compensation, and insurance coverage matters.
Ms. Griffith works closely with clients – from individuals and small businesses to large corporations and insurers – to develop and implement successful litigation strategies that best suit each client’s specific business needs, litigation exposure and budget. She has the depth of experience to evaluate complex issues thoroughly and efficiently and to provide clear, decisive advice. She has obtained successful verdicts and summary dismissals in numerous cases.
- Author of an article published in Trial Evidence by the American Bar Association
- Author of multiple articles for the Louisiana Hospital Attorneys Association newsletter
U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Louisiana State and American Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Attorneys
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association Section of Litigation
Loyola University Law School
Juris Doctor, 1988
- Moot Court finalist
Holy Cross College
Bachelor of Science, 1978
LSU School of Nursing
Registered Nurse, 1976