- Email: Lauren.Godfrey@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 412.567.5113
- Fax: 412.567.5494
Lauren Godfrey is a partner in the Pittsburgh office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. She is a highly successful litigator who focuses her practice on complex civil litigation in state and federal courts nationwide.
Ms. Godfrey has represented clients in commercial litigation matters, toxic and mass tort litigation involving asbestos, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, products liability, transportation, Structured Settlement litigation, healthcare, civil rights cases, EEOC and PHRC charges, family law, and issues involving electronic discovery. She has served on the national coordinating counsel defense team in multi-district litigation involving the recall of a medical device for a Fortune 500 company. Ms. Godfrey has successfully represented clients in New Jersey in toxic tort/asbestos and environmental litigation claims including those seeking to recover the cost of cleaning up contaminated property from prior owners and operators of the property.
Ms. Godfrey represents trucking companies in cases involving catastrophic injury across the country. She assists clients with preservation of evidence and spoliation issues, in addition to formulating and implementing defense strategy. Ms. Godfrey also works as part of the Lewis Brisbois cybersecurity data breach response team to assess the scope of a breach and provide an appropriate response.
- May 08, 2018 Lauren Godfrey, Todd Gray to Speak at PMTA Membership Conference
- April 05, 2018 Lauren Godfrey, Kyle Black Published in ABA Journal
- July 31, 2017 Lauren Godfrey Named Vice Chair of Privacy Committee
Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Technology Committee, Past Chair.
- Lauren D. Godfrey, “FDA Issues Draft ‘Guidance for Industry Fulfilling Regulatory Requirements for Postmarketing Submission of Interactive Promotional Media for Prescription Human and Animal Drugs and Biologics,’” Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, March 31, 2014.
- Lauren D. Godfrey, Daniel E. Tranen, Richard W. Bale & Paul M. Shapiro, “Recent Developments in Products Liability,” Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Volume 49, Number 1, Fall 2013, 351.
- “Tech Tips: Ten Tips for E-Filing Court Documents,” TortSource, Winter 2009 Issue of the Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section.
- “E-Discovery: A Hands-On Approach,” TortSource, Summer 2006 Issue of the Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section.
Certificate in Health & Hospital Law, Seton Hall University Law School
- Stepping Stones Children’s Center— Board of Directors, Parent Director, 2012-2014; Vice-President, 2014-2015
- Girls Scouts of Western Pennsylvania, Troop Treasurer, 2015-present
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Children’s Theatre Board Member, 2017
Lauren Godfrey to speak on “The First 48 hours following a catastrophic motor vehicle loss” at the Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association Annual Conference at The Hotel Hershey in Hershey, Pennsylvania on May 11, 2018.
United States District Courts for the Districts of New Jersey
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
Western District of Pennsylvania
United States Supreme Court
- Allegheny County Bar Association—Civil Litigation Section, Women in the Law, eDiscovery and Technology Committee, Health Law, Member, 2012-present
- ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section
- Technology Committee, Member and Past Chair, 2003-2009
- Diversity in the Profession Committee, Member, 2003-2005
- Corporate Governance Committee, Member, 2004-2011
- Products Liability Committee, Member, 2013-present
- Cybersecurity Data Privacy Committee, Vice-Chair, August 2017-present
- Commercial Transportation Litigation Committee, Member, August 2017-present
New York Law School
University of Scranton
Master of Science, Secondary Education
Bachelor of Arts
Seton Hall School of Law
Health & Hospital Law Certificate