- Email: Lauren.Godfrey@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 412.567.5113
- Fax: 412.567.5494
Lauren Godfrey is a partner in the Pittsburgh office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. She is a highly successful litigator who focuses her practice on complex civil litigation in state and federal courts nationwide.
Ms. Godfrey has represented clients in commercial litigation matters, asbestos litigation, pharmaceutical and medical device cases, products liability, transportation, Structured Settlement litigation, healthcare, civil rights cases, family law, and issues involving electronic discovery. She has served on the national coordinating counsel defense team in multi-district litigation involving the recall of a medical device for a Fortune 500 company. She represents trucking companies in cases involving catastrophic injury.
Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, Technology Committee, Past Chair.
- Lauren D. Godfrey, “FDA Issues Draft ‘Guidance for Industry Fulfilling Regulatory Requirements for Postmarketing Submission of Interactive Promotional Media for Prescription Human and Animal Drugs and Biologics,’” Pharmaceutical Compliance Monitor, March 31, 2014.
- Lauren D. Godfrey, Daniel E. Tranen, Richard W. Bale & Paul M. Shapiro, “Recent Developments in Products Liability,” Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal, Volume 49, Number 1, Fall 2013, 351.
- “Tech Tips: Ten Tips for E-Filing Court Documents,” TortSource, Winter 2009 Issue of the Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section.
- “E-Discovery: A Hands-On Approach,” TortSource, Summer 2006 Issue of the Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section.
Certificate in Health & Hospital Law, Seton Hall University Law School
- Stepping Stones Children’s Center— Board of Directors, Parent Director, 2012-2014; Vice-President, 2014-2015
- Girls Scouts of Western Pennsylvania, Troop Treasurer, 2015-present
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, Children’s Theatre Board Member, 2017
United States District Courts for the Districts of New Jersey
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of New York
Western District of Pennsylvania
United States Supreme Court
- Allegheny County Bar Association—Civil Litigation Section, Women in the Law, eDiscovery and Technology Committee, Health Law, Member, 2012-present
- ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section—Technology Committee, Member and Past Chair, 2003-2009; Diversity in the Profession Committee, Member, 2003-2005; Corporate Governance Committee, Member, 2004-2011; Products Liability Committee, Member, 2013-present
New York Law School
University of Scranton
Master of Science, Secondary Education
Bachelor of Arts