- Email: Brian.Gargano@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 832.742.6726
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Brian Gargano is a partner in the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Employment & Labor Practice and Data Privacy & Cyber Security practices. An experienced litigator with a perfect record of defense verdicts in the nine jury trials he has handled, Brian represents companies of all sizes and industries in both labor and employment-related matters - wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, ADA access, trade secret litigation, and Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) class actions - and data privacy and cyber security matters. He has defended clients in state and federal courts in Texas and New York, before state and federal governmental agencies, and in various state and federal appellate courts.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Brian practiced at a boutique firm in upstate New York focused on medical malpractice and other liability claims related to the healthcare industry. In this role, he litigated on behalf of healthcare providers and insurance companies in federal and state courts as well as before regulatory agencies. He also advised clients on risk management, state and federal regulatory and compliance issues, billing, and Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement procedures.
Trained as a computer scientist, Brian applies his analytical and rational mind to the practice of law. Clients have benefitted from his knowledge of the sciences in his work on intellectual property, complex commercial litigation, data privacy, and technology matters. He has also lectured extensively on electronic records and best practices in information privacy and data security.
Fiserv Securities, Inc., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Business Analyst/E-Commerce Product Manager, May 2000- August 2002
- Managed transactional web-based products and services. Established management processes and security protocols of products and business requirements throughout the entire product lifecycle, coordinated procedures for product code development releases and security protocols, composed Code Release notes, and developed business plans and parameters for all E-Commerce products.
Northern District of New York
Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Eastern District of Texas
Southern District of Texas
- Texas Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Editor, Syracuse Law Review
- Lead Articles Editor Syracuse Science and Technology Law, Reporter
- Intellectual Property and Trademark Moot Court member
- Syracuse Law Review note on DNA Patents published in the Syracuse Science and Technology Law Reporter Spring 2005 Edition
Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, May 2005, Order of the Coif
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, Pomona, New Jersey
Bachelor of Arts, Computer Science and Political Science, May 2000