- Email: Brian.Gargano@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 832.742.6726
- Fax: 713.759.6830
Brian Gargano is a partner in the Houston office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Employment & Labor Practice.
Martin, Ganotis, Brown, Mould & Currie, PC, Syracuse, NY
- Partner, January 2013- April 2017
- Associate, August 2005- December 2012
- Litigation attorney in private practice representing clients and insurance companies in general liability, regulatory, and malpractice issues. Practice also includes experience in commercial law, employment contracts, real estate, and trademarks.
- Active trial experience in insurance defense matters consisting of 9 jury verdicts throughout New York State which were all successful. Active appellate experience includes arguments before New York State Supreme Court Appellate Division Third and Fourth Departments as well as before U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.
- Responsible for own litigation caseload in federal and state courts as well as before regulatory agencies, including but not limited to case management, client and expert meetings, fact investigation, legal research, development of theory and strategy of case, writing all legal documents and briefs, discovery and depositions, oral arguments, settlement conferences, hearings, and trial and appellate practice.
- Advise physicians, physician’s practices, hospitals, healthcare networks, extended care facilities and corporations on healthcare and corporate-related matters including risk management, state and federal regulatory and compliance issues, billing, and Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement procedures.
New York State Science & Technology Law Center, Syracuse, NY
- Legal Intern, August 2004- May 2005
- Worked in teams to research, analyze, and prepare strategies for commercializing early-stage technologies on behalf of universities, federal laboratories, and large, medium, small and start-up companies. Prepared technology assessment reports, structured licensing agreements, performed legal and technical research and provided consulting services to research center directors and technology entrepreneurs.
- Syracuse University College of Law Securities Arbitration Clinic, Syracuse, New York Legal Intern, August 2004- January 2005
- Performed all tasks related to representing small investors with securities disputes: Performed client interviews, conducted full-scale investigations, performed trading and suitability analysis, performed legal research, drafted all pleadings including statements of claim, answers, replies, and motions; participated in discovery; represented clients at settlement negotiations with opposing counsel and drafted settlement agreements.
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, Atlanta, GA
- Summer Associate, May 2004- August 2004
- Researched and wrote briefs, motions and memoranda on various issues of civil litigation including patent infringement, securities arbitration, licensing agreements, and commercial liability. Drafted Patent & Trademark Office actions, patent applications, patent opinion letters, discovery requests, client letters, and executive summaries of real estate agreements.
- Honorable Linda Feinberg, Assignment Judge, Superior Court, Mercer Vicinage, Trenton, New Jersey Judicial Legal Intern, June 2003- September 2003
- Researched and drafted bench memoranda on issues and motions for a variety of civil lawsuits, performed extensive research and drafted bench memorandum for the first same sex-marriage case in New Jersey.
Fiserv Securities, Inc., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Business Analyst/E-Commerce Product Manager, May 2000- August 2002
- Managed transactional web-based products and services. Established management processes and security protocols of products and business requirements throughout the entire product lifecycle, coordinated procedures for product code development releases and security protocols, composed Code Release notes, and developed business plans and parameters for all E-Commerce products.
Northern District of New York
Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Eastern District of Texas
Southern District of Texas
- Texas Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- Editor, Syracuse Law Review
- Lead Articles Editor Syracuse Science and Technology Law, Reporter
- Intellectual Property and Trademark Moot Court member
- Syracuse Law Review note on DNA Patents published in the Syracuse Science and Technology Law Reporter Spring 2005 Edition
Syracuse University College of Law, Syracuse, New York
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, May 2005, Order of the Coif
Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, Pomona, New Jersey
Bachelor of Arts, Computer Science and Political Science, May 2000