- Email: Patrick.Foley@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.580.7914
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Patrick Foley is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and vice-chair of the Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation and Asbestos Litigation Practices. He focuses his practice on the defense of manufacturers, retailers, suppliers and premises owners in toxic tort and environmental litigation. Mr. Foley also routinely handles matters involving mass torts, general liability, product liability and professional malpractice.
Mr. Foley also has experience in the areas of homeowners associations and common interest developments. His representation has included representing associations and individual board members in claims brought by owners, residents and third parties involving claims of personal injury, property damage and other claims. Mr. Foley also has a comprehensive understanding of the organizational documents created under the Davis-Sterling Common Interest Development Act, and the duties and responsibilities mandated under The Act.
Mr. Foley regularly represented Fortune 100 and 500 companies in toxic tort, environmental, and product liability actions.
Mr. Foley's experience includes:
- Representation of corporations in groundwater contamination cases nationwide.
- Serving as California Counsel for Fortune 100 Companies in asbestos and benzene litigation.
- Serving as California Counsel for manufacturer/distributor of chemical solvents and related products containing Benzene (Judicial Council Coordinated Proceedings and other actions).
- Serving as local litigation counsel in asbestos matters for manufacturers and distributors of gaskets, automobiles and their component parts, motorcycles, dry wall products and friction products.
- Defense of Companies and Individuals in State, Federal and Appellate courts involving Toxic Tort Matters including Asbestos, Mold, Benzene and Other Chemical Exposures.
- Defense of Environmental Professionals, Hygienists, Remediators, Contractors, and others in bio-aerosol/mold litigation.
- Jury trial and arbitration experience in the State of California.
- Defense of Major Automobile Manufacturers and Related Entities in Product Liability actions.
- Represented a chemical manufacturer in the first case in the nation involving Hydroquinone that was alleged to have cause the death of a chiropractor from Acute Myelogenous Leukemia.
- 2006-2010 Glendale Water & Power Commission, serving as President 2009-2010
- 2001-2004 Committee on Administration of Justice-State Bar of California Appointmente-State Bar of California Appointment
(State and all Federal Districts)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers Association (ABTLA)
Whittier College School of Law
Juris Doctor, 1995
California State University, Long Beach
Bachelor of Arts, 1991