- Email: Bradley.Fischer@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 954.728.1280
- Fax: 954.728.1282
Bradley Fischer is a partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Law Practice. His practice principally focuses on insurance coverage and bad faith litigation, and he has litigated numerous complex cases through trial and on appeal in Florida state and federal courts. Mr. Fischer’s insurance coverage expertise includes claims involving business torts; toxic torts; pollution; construction defects; additional insured and indemnity issues; intellectual property matters; professional, general, automobile, trucking and products liability; and first party property.
Mr. Fischer’s bad faith practice includes claims arising out of coverage disputes, excess verdict/judgment cases, time-limit demands, and alleged improper claim handling and unfair trade practices. He also has vast litigation experience in commercial and tort defense cases.
Primary and excess insurers throughout the country recognize Mr. Fischer as an insurance coverage and bad faith specialist in Florida, and frequently call upon him for claim handling advice and in-depth written coverage and bad faith exposure opinions in a variety of settings.
After graduating fifth in his class at law school, where he received several academic awards and was a member of law review, Mr. Fischer began his career as a commercial litigator. In 1993 he opened the Florida office of a national law firm specializing in insurance coverage and general civil litigation. Mr. Fischer served as the managing partner of the Florida office through 2007, when he joined Lewis Brisbois.
Mr. Fischer has tried numerous cases in state and federal courts, both jury and non-jury, and has handled countless mediations and arbitrations. He has also authored over 1,000 insurance coverage opinions, reservation of rights letters and coverage denials for insurers addressing a multitude of subjects, as well as opinions analyzing potential bad exposure.
Mr. Fischer is admitted to practice before all Florida state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida where he is a member of the Trial Bar, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Tax Court.
- March 22, 2017 Brad Fischer, Perry Goodman Obtain Insurance Coverage Win
- December 21, 2016 Gulf Coast Legal Update - Winter, 2016
- Mr. Fischer's diverse litigation experience has enabled him to represent insurers and institutional companies in a wide range of cases, several of which resulted in reported decisions such as:
- Auto-Owners Ins. Co. v. Great Am. Ins. Co., 2012 U.S. App. LEXIS 12635 (11th Cir. June 21, 2012)
- Sanderson v. Zurich American, 792 F.Supp. 2d 1291 (M.D. Fla. 2010), rev'd 2013 U.S. App. LEXIS 2652 (11th Cir. Feb. 7, 2013)
- Harco National v. Zurich American, 2011 U.S. Dist. Lexis 110651 (M.D. Fla. Sept. 26, 2011)
- Admiral Insurance Company v. Feit Management Company, 321 F.3d 1326 (11th Cir. 2003)
- City of Delray Beach v. Agricultural Insurance Company, 936 F.Supp. 931 (S.D. Fla. 1994), aff’d 85 F.3d 1527 (11th Cir. 1996)
- Montalvo v. State, 657 So.2d 816 (Fla. 4th DCA 1995)
- LaFarge Corp. v. Travelers Indemnity, 927 F.Supp. 1534 (M.D. Fla. 1996), aff’d 118 F. 3d 1511 (11th Cir. 1997)
- Bashir v. National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak), 929 F.Supp. 404, 929 F.Supp. 414 (S.D. Fla. 1996), aff’d 119 F. 3d 929 (11th Cir. 1997).
Nova Southeastern University - Shepard Broad Law Center
Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1987
State University of New York at Cortland
Bachelor of Arts, 1984