- Email: Seymour.Everett@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 714.668.5518
- Fax: 714.850.1030
Seymour Everett is a partner in the Orange County office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation Practice.
- National counsel for a manufacturer and wholesale product distributor. Handles the trials and strategic management of their asbestos litigation in numerous states. He represents numerous product defendants and premises defendants. Product defendants include manufacturers, retailers and suppliers of asbestos containing products.
- Defense of clients in hazardous waste, groundwater and soil contamination litigation and governmental administrative actions.
Benzene/Mold/Carbon Monoxide/Chemical Exposure/Toxic Tort
- Defense of clients in actions involving interstitial pulmonary fibrosis, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, acute myelogenous leukemia and related injuries from alleged chronic and acute chemical exposures, including, but not limited to, benzene. Clients include manufacturers, suppliers and premises owners.
- Extensive experience defending premises owners and contractors in personal injury litigation resulting from alleged mold exposure. Clients include property managers, developers, commercial and residential building owners and remediation companies.
- Extensive experience in the defense of claims alleging bodily injuries as a result of exposure to carbon monoxide, lead, silica and fiberglass.
Public Entity/Government Liability
- Represent Cities, Public Agencies, School Districts, Police Officers, Public Works and Governmental Agencies in all aspects of litigation. Cases include libel, slander, personal injury and wrongful death actions and administrative compliance. Work closely with Superintendents and Schools Boards on resolving and defending student and third party personal injury claims. Defense of Wildland Fire Claims involving public utilities related to catastrophic property damage, wrongful death, personal injury, environmental, wetlands mitigation and subrogation matters.
- Defense of insurance agents and brokers, real estate agents and brokers and other professionals. An emphasis on standard of care, reporting issues and fiduciary obligations. Clients include independent and direct agents and brokers. Insurance clients include large and small agencies and brokerage firms involved in all lines of property and casualty insurance, including but not limited to, commercial general liability, inland marine, commercial and residential property, farm and crime coverage.
Published Appellate Decisions
- Ryan v. Lustre-Cal; 2014 WL 7384613 (Cal.App. 2 Dist.)
- Farzan v. Wescom Credit Union et al., in Cal.Rptr 2 District, B247479
- Ducoing Enterprises, Inc. v. Winston & Associates Insurance Brokers, Inc., in Cal.Rptr.3d, 2013 WL 4782809, Cal.App. 4 Dist.
- Galicinao v. McMaster-Carr Supply Co., in Cal.Rptr.3d, 2011 WL 5079530, Cal.App. 2 Dist
- Munoz v. MacMillan 2011 WL 1817842 (Cal.App. 4 Dist.)
- Director, East Orange County Water District
- Camp Fire USA Orange County, Member – Board of Directors
- Orangewood Children’s Foundation Volunteer
- Lorenzana v City of Buena Park, Orange County Superior Court, Public Entity/Trip and Fall (Defense Verdict, June 2016)
- Reumont v. Gordon, Orange County Superior Court, Free Speech/Personal Injury(Defense Verdict, March 2015)
- IME v. Western Association of Schools & Colleges ACS, Santa Clara County Superior Court, Professional Liability, (Defense Verdict, May 2015)
- Wilson v. Grieder, Orange County Superior Court, Construction/Business Litigation (Defense Verdict, July 2015)
- League of Cities, New Laws & Elections Annual Seminar, “Subpoenas – We’ve Been Served! Now What?” December 2016
- Public Entities and the Claim Presentation Statute – Accept, Reject, Provide Notice or Do Nothing? Orange County Lawyer, July 2016
- Government Claims Act, Alliance of Schools for Cooperative Insurance Programs, May 11, 2016, Carl Warren and Co., April 19, 2016.
- Insurance Professionals of Los Angeles, Region VIII Conference, Keynote Speaker – “Drones: The Impact on Insurance and What You Need to Know to Navigate the Insurance Market Place”, March 5, 2016
- Southern California City Clerk Association, Annual Meeting, Keynote Speaker – “Claims, Lawsuits, Subpoenas and Summons”, January 21, 2016
- Spying in the Skies—Drones, the New Frontier: Impact on international and Domestic Insurance and Liability, October 5, 2015
- Trivial Defect doctrine and other Defenses Available to Public Entities, Public Agency Risk Management Association, February 10, 2015
- Don’t Let Them Bite! – Cutting Edge Risk, Management and Litigation Strategies for Responding to Bed Bug Infestation Claims, CLM Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality Conference, February 5, 2015
- International Directors and Officers Professional Liability Coverage, CPCU Society Annual Meeting, September 21, 2014
- Broker Risk Management: Navigating and Dealing with the Pitfalls of Potential Litigation, Insurance Professionals of Los Angeles, August 20, 2014
- A Complex Web of Loyalties: The Tri-Partite Relationship and Cumis Counsel, Orange County Lawyer February 2012
- California Asbestos Litigation 2010 Review; The Nuts and Bolts of Litigation: What You or Your Customer Should Expect if Involved in a Lawsuit. National CPCU Society, February 2009
- Introduction to Specialty and Complex Claims: Toxic Mold, Construction Defect, Environmental, Chemical Exposure and Asbestos. Insurance Educational Association, September 2008
- Evaluating and Attacking Benzene Workplace Exposure Claims, April 2006 & 2007
- Adjunct Professor, University of Southern California Law School, ADR Topics: Negoti-ation & Mediation Course
- Attacking Occupational Exposure Claims, November 2006
- Course Instructor, Insurance Education Association, CPCU 530, The Legal Environ-ment of Insurance
U.S. District Court - Central District of CA
U.S. District Court - Southern District of CA
U.S. District Court - Northern District of CA
U.S. Bankruptcy Court - Central District of CA
Seton Hall University
Juris Doctor, 2001
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Arts, 1993