- Email: Leiza.Dolghih@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 214.722.7108
- Fax: 214.722.7111
Elisaveta "Leiza" Dolghih is a partner in the Dallas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Employment & Labor Practice. Selected to the 2017 list of D Magazine's Best Lawyers in Dallas, she focuses on prosecuting and defending misappropriation of trade secrets and breaches of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
After graduating from law school at 23 years old, Leiza began honing her litigation skills in courtrooms across Texas. She now routinely assists companies with obtaining temporary restraining orders, and temporary/preliminary injunctions to prevent the departing employees or competitors from violating non-disclosure, non-compete, or non-solicitation agreements or using the clients' trade secrets. She also defends companies unfairly accused of trade secrets misappropriation and related claims.
Leiza also helps clients audit their trade secrets protection measures and advises on how such measures can be improved to meet the federal and state law requirements.
With over a decade of experience, Leiza's practice also includes business litigation in state and federal courts and general employment advice to companies regarding compliance with federal and state employment laws, investigations, and litigation of employment law claims.
Related Legal Alerts
- June 28, 2017 Leiza Dolghih Published by Today’s General Counsel
- May 26, 2017 Leiza Dolghih to Speak at Texas Bar Annual Meeting
Unfair Competition & Trade Secrets Misappropriation Litigation
- Obtained multiple temporary restraining orders and temporary injunctions on behalf of employers all across Texas, ensuring preservation of their business and protection of trade secrets.
- Assisted employers with investigation of trade secrets misappropriation by departing employees and facilitated return of such information to the employers.
- Successfully defeated applications for temporary restraining orders and temporary injunctions on behalf of competitors.
- Enforced multiple non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements on behalf of clients.
- Assisted clients in auditing their trade secrets protection measures and improve such measures to afford the best protection under federal and Texas law.
- Leiza represented clients in disputes involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, defamation, fraud, Texas deceptive trade practices act claims, breach of partnership agreements, and many other types of business litigation.
Employment Litigation and Counsel
- Leiza serves as an outside general counsel to businesses and provides day-to-day advice on employment issues. She routinely drafts employment agreements and policies, offer letters, and separation agreements and release. She also advises employers regarding their rights and obligations under FMLA, Title VII, FLSA, ADA, ADEA, OSHA and other federal and state employment statutes, and assists with internal investigations, responding to EEOC charges and government investigations.
- Author, "Major Questions that the DTSA Brings," Today's General Counsel (June/July 2017)
- Author, "How to Fire Employees Without Being Sued," Dallas Medical Journal (May 2017)
- Author, "Ethical Concerns in Ex Parte Communications with Adverse Employer's Employees," American Bar Association (Fall, 2016)
- Author, "Federal DTSA: A New Avenue for Trade Secret Enforcement," Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, (October, 2016)
- Co-Author, "The Days of Spilling Trade Secrets in Litigation Could be Numbered," Texas Lawyer, (March 3, 2016)
- Author, "Texas Uniform Trade Secrets Act…Where Are We Now?", News for the Bar – Texas State Bar Litigation Section (Winter Edition, 2016)
- Author, "Nuts and Bolts of Employment Litigation for General Practitioner," News for the Bar- Texas State Bar Litigation Section (Fall Edition, 2015)
Credentialed Mediator, Texas Mediator Credentialing Association (2017)
- Speaker, “Competitive Advantage: Using Corporate and IP Counsels to Creatively Navigate Corporate and IP Pitfalls in a Family Law Setting,” State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting (June 22, 2017)
- Speaker, "One Year of Defend Trade Secrets Act Litigation," Texas Bar CLE (May 16, 2017)
- Speaker, "The Do’s and Don’ts of Firing Employees for Social Media Misbehavior," Dallas Bar Association, North Dallas Clinic (May 12, 2017)
- Speaker, "Commission Pay for Employees: Structuring Agreements and Defending Claims Absent a Contract" (March 7, 2017)
- Guest Expert, "Brokers Try to Protect Client Relationships," Business Insurance (December 2016)
- Guest Expert, "First Amendment Protects Public Workers' Rights for Perceived Protected Activity," Westlaw Journal Employment (May 2016)
- Guest Expert, Phil Hullet and Friends Show podcast, "Perception of Discrimination" (Los Angeles, 2016)
- Guest Expert, Legally Sound/Smart Business podcast, "Texas Gym Tests the Limits of Unfair Competition" (Houston, 2016)
- Speaker, "Electronic Discovery, Including Social Media, Preservation and Sanctions," Dallas Bar Association, Business Litigation Section (May 6, 2016)
- Guest Expert, "After Scalia's Death, Outlook Unclear for Some Employment Cases," Westlaw Employment Journal (March 2016)
- Guest Expert, "Employers Walk a Fine Line in Accommodating Alcoholic Workers," Business Insurance (January 2016)
- Speaker, "Forum Selection…Choice of Law…and a Tale of Stipulations," UT CLE Non-Compete Camp discussion - Dallas, Texas (2015)
- Speaker, "Using Corporate Counsel to Creatively Navigate Corporate Structures," Annette Stewart Inn of Court, Dallas, Texas (2015)
England & Wales (inactive)
Northern District of Texas
Southern District of Texas
Eastern District of Texas
- Texas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards & Honors
- "Best Lawyers in Dallas" by D Magazine (2017)
- "10 Best Client Satisfaction" Award, Labor and Employment Division, American Institute of Legal Counsel (2016, 2017)
Baylor University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2006
- Baylor Law Review, Notes and Comments Editor
- Order of Barristers
- Outstanding Record in the Field of Commercial Law Award
- Administrative Law Moot Court Team Member
University of North Texas
Bachelors of Business Administration, magna cum laude, 2002
- Moot Court Team Captain 2001-2002