- Email: Salvatore.Delia@lewsibrisbois.com
- Phone: 973.856.8021
- Fax: 973.577.6261
Salvatore D'Elia III is an associate in the Newark office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Long-Term Care & Elder Law Practice. Mr. D'Elia focuses his practice on the defense of long term care and assisted living facilities. He has represented numerous facilities in claims involving decubitus ulcers, falls, medication errors, and dehydration/malnutrition.
Prior to joining Lewis Brisbois, Mr. D'Elia clerked for the Honorable Joseph P. Quinn, J.S.C. in Monmouth County. As a law clerk, Mr. D'Elia managed the judge's motion calendar and was responsible for conducting legal research and drafting written decisions for summary judgment and discovery motions in various areas of civil law, particularly in medical malpractice matters. During his clerkship, Mr. D'Elia also became certified as a New Jersey mediator and conducted mediation conferences between litigants to facilitate settlement.
Following his clerkship, Mr. D'Elia joined a prestigious Monmouth County firm and concentrated his practice in complex medical malpractice defense matters on behalf of New Jersey hospitals, physicians and nurses. Mr. D'Elia assisted in all aspects of litigation including answering written discovery, taking depositions, preparing and arguing various motions, and drafting Appellate and Supreme Court briefs.
- Associate Attorney, LeClairRyan, September 2016 to May 2017
- Associate Attorney, Ronan Tuzzio & Giannone, September 2015 to September 2016
- Law Clerk, the Honorable Joseph P. Quinn, J.S.C., August 2014 to August 2015
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Menelaos W. Toskos, J.S.C., Fall 2013
- Summer Associate, Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Summer 2013
- Law Clerk, Office of the Corporation Counsel for the City of Hoboken, Summer 2012
Monmouth County Bar Association
Seton Hall University School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2014
Seton Hall University
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Public Relations, 2010