- Email: Katherine.Compton@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 214.722.7135
- Fax: 214.722.7111
Katherine Compton is a partner in the Dallas office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Commercial Practice. Katherine brings over 20 years experience in complex commercial litigation to Lewis Brisbois. Formerly a partner with the international law firm of Greenberg Traurig, LLP, Katherine has extensive experience in litigating complex commercial matters, including trademark infringement, franchise, banking, non-competes, personal injury/wrongful death and numerous other types of commercial litigation. She has obtained more than 50 temporary restraining orders and handled numerous trials. Most importantly, she is passionate about listening to her clients and meeting their needs, whether they want to stand on principal and take a case to trial or settle early.
Ms. Compton is a former litigation shareholder of Greenberg Traurig, LLP, focusing on complex commercial litigation with over 50 temporary restraining orders/ injunctions and numerous trials with emphasis on trademark infringement (anti-counterfeiting), non-compete litigation, personal injury/wrongful death, banking litigation and class actions.
- Of counsel litigation attorney at Akin, Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld, LLP.
- General Counsel of Swearingen Aircraft, Inc.
- Associate, Cox & Smith, Inc. real estate and banking.
- Presenter - Dallas Bar Association March 2015, March 2014 - Class Actions - Primer and Update
- Author, Texas Bar Journal - Year in Review - 2015, Year in Review - 2014 and Year in Review - 2013.
Northern District of Texas
Southern District of Texas
Eastern District of Texas
Western District of Texas
Awards & Honors
- Rated AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5
- National Association of Women Lawyers - Outstanding Member 2010
- 7 time Ironman Triathlon Finisher
St. Mary's University Law School
University of North Texas
Undergraduate and Masters in Accounting (Taxation)