- Email: Jerry.Chang@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.580.7912
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Jerry Chang is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Employment & Labor and Korean Business & Litigation Practices. He has extensive experience representing employers in litigation. His areas of concentration are wrongful termination, retaliation, harassment, discrimination, and wage and hour matters, including the defense of class action lawsuits.
In addition to litigation, Mr. Chang provides preventative counseling to employers regarding all employment related issues, including discipline and termination decisions, reductions in force, employee privacy rights, leaves of absences, employment and severance agreements, employee handbooks, and wage and hour law compliance. He frequently speaks at seminars for business owners and human resources professionals regarding employment and labor law issues.
Mr. Chang represents and advises a variety of employers, including small and midsize businesses, Fortune 500 companies, automobile dealerships, property management companies, hotels, restaurants, medical groups, skilled nursing facilities, manufacturing companies, and universities.
Mr. Chang’s practice also focuses on complex commercial litigation defense. He has represented clients in shareholder/member/partner disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and other business related actions.
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Employment Law Newsletter, “Sign Of the Times: Reductions In Workforce” - Spring 2009
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Employment Law Newsletter, “Alternative Work Schedules” - Spring 2009
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Employment Law Newsletter, “The Practice of Tip Pooling” - Spring 2009
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Employment Law Newsflash, review of “Sonic-Calabasas A, Inc. v. Moreno,” regarding the Labor Commissioner’s lack of jurisdiction over wage and hour claims where a valid arbitration agreement exists - Summer 2009
- Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP Employment Law Newsflash, review of “Trivedi v. Curexo,” regarding recent developments in the enforceability of employment arbitration agreements in California - Winter 2010
- “Korean business owners’ lack of familiarity with labor laws has contributed to the rise in the number of labor and employment-related lawsuits against them,” aired on Radio Korea, May 18, 2010.
- Airline Human Resources Association Seminar on Recent Developments in Employment and Labor Law, Spring 2011
- Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency Seminar on Preventing Employment Discrimination and Harassment, Fall 2013
- Various other sexual harassment training seminars
United States District Court for the Central District of California
United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association Volunteer Instructor for the High School Blue Car Project
Awards & Honors
Selected as a “Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star” by the publishers of Los Angeles magazine and Law and Politics magazine, 2012-2015
California Western School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2005
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship recipient
- Certified Mediator by the McGill Center for Creative Problem Solving
University of California, Berkeley
Bachelor of Arts, 2002