- Email: Donna.Chamberlin@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 206.508.1930
- Fax: 206.436.2030
Donna Chamberlin is a partner in the Seattle office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Commercial Litigation Practice. She is a chemical engineer and registered patent attorney and practiced as a process engineer, design engineer and economics planner for one of the World’s largest oil companies before attending law school. As such, Ms. Chamberlin practices law in the areas of intellectual property litigation and prosecution, environmental and property litigation, insurance coverage and bad faith, products liability and corporate litigation. She has successfully litigated cases through trial in state and federal courts, and has secured summary judgments that have been affirmed on appeal in the areas of insurance coverage, general and products liability, and intellectual property.
Ms. Chamberlin’s intellectual property work includes litigating patent, trademark, and copyright actions to summary judgment and on appeal, as well as through trial in the United States District Courts and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. She also handles environmental and insurance work representing clients under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (“CERCLA”), the Clean Water Act, the Washington Model Toxics Control Act ("MTCA"), and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (“RCRA”). Ms. Chamberlin’s insurance work includes litigating matters under the Washington Insurance Fair Conduct Act (“IFCA”) and for bad faith, and defending property and casualty claims. Ms. Chamberlin’s business and corporate work includes representing clients in breach of contract, breach of fiduciary, receivership, limited liability and corporate dissolution actions. She has also negotiated, drafted and enforced contracts including intellectual property and licensing agreements.
Related Legal Alerts
- Allianz Global Risks U.S. Ins. Co., et al. v. ACE Property & Cas. Ins. Co., et al., Circuit Court of Oregon, Case No. 1204-04552 (2014). Secured dismissal of certain claims and jury verdict dismissal of certain insurance policies in contribution action for Portland Harbor Superfund liabilities and more than 1,500 underlying asbestos claims in suit involving six-week jury trial.
- Bolin v. Seaview Chevrolet, 128 Wn. App. 1031 (2005). Secured summary judgment dismissal, affirmed on appeal, in insurance coverage action for auto accident of a minor child.
- Century Indemnity Co. v. The Marine Group, LLC, et al. No. 3:08-CV-1375-AC, 2013 WL 5838991 (D. Or. Oct. 29, 2013). Represented insurers under commercial general liability policies for Superfund liabilities including new precedent on the duty to defend and denying insured requested injunctive relief.
- Newmont USA Ltd. v. American Home Assur. Co., 795 F. Supp. 2d 1150 (W.D. Wash. 2011). Defended insurer under commercial general liability policies for Superfund liabilities for mining site, drafting summary judgment motion that resulted in favorable settlement.
- Northwest Natural Gas Co. v. Associated Electric & Gas Ins. Serv. Ltd., et al., Circuit Court of Oregon, Case No. 1012-17532 (2014). Represented insurers under commercial general liability policies for underlying Portland Harbor Superfund and upland liabilities.
- Rose v. Seventh-day Adventists, 127 Wn. App. 1046 (2003). Secured summary judgment dismissal under First Amendment, affirmed on appeal, for sexual abuse and negligent church supervision case related to murder of a parishioner and attempted murder of second parishioner.
- Stutz v. Port of Pasco, 132 Wn. App. 132 Wn. App. 1036 (2006). Secured summary judgment dismissal.
- Vantage Trailers, Inc. v. Beall Corp., 567 F.3d 745 (5th Cir. 2009). Secured dismissal for lack of subject matter jurisdiction, affirmed by the Fifth Circuit, of design trademark infringement and false patent marking claims.
United States Patent and Trademark Office
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Washington State Patent Lawyers Association
Awards & Honors
- Advanced Moot Court, Rutgers School of Law
- Top Ten Oral Argument, Rutgers School of Law
Rutgers School of Law
Salzburg Austro-American University-McGeorge School of Law
Certificate in International Legal Studies
California State University, Long Beach
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Minor in Chemistry