- Email: Josephine.Brosas@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 213.580.6310
- Fax: 213.250.7900
Josephine Brosas is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Intellectual Property & Technology Practice. Ms. Brosas is a registered patent attorney and focuses primarily on intellectual property and technology matters.
Her experience includes:
- Representation of clients in Patent Infringement, Trademark Infringement, Copyright Infringement, Trade Secret Misappropriation, Franchising, Defamation, Right of Publicity and Privacy, False Advertising and Unfair Competition litigation
- Development of Intellectual Property and Technology management, protection and enforcement programs and procedures.
- Search, clearance and preparation and filing of patent and trademark applications.
- Preparation of patent non-infringement/infringement opinions.
- Due diligence investigations.
- Methods Development and Validation Scientist, Alpha Therapeutic Corporation/Grifols USA, Los Angeles, CA
- Legal Extern, California Division of Occupational Safety and Health
“Changes to Design Patent Law Streamlines International Patent Application Process,” The Korea Times, August 29, 2016
- Represented an eyewear company in a patent infringement trial and obtained a multi-million dollar jury verdict, successfully opposed various post-trial motions and obtained attorney’s fees
- Negotiated a favorable settlement agreement on behalf of a major shoe company involving Adidas’ three-stripe mark
- Defended a major shoe company in a patent infringement suit in the Eastern District of Texas involving external shoe spring patents, which culminated in an exceedingly favorable settlement
- Represented a biotechnology company specializing in PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) technology which involved complex patent licensing and jurisdictional issues
- Obtained over $34k in sanctions against opposing counsel in a highly contentious discovery dispute in a case involving purchase of a website and related intellectual property
- Prosecuted several patent applications on chemicals, fiberglass compositions and mechanical devices such as shoe components and oil drilling tools and elements
- Conducted IP due diligence in a multi-million dollar acquisition of a digital cinema solutions provider with the largest installed base of digital cinema servers in the Asia-Pacific region and the second largest globally
- Intellectual Property Management Strategies – Korean Trade Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA), Omni Hotel, Los Angeles, CA, December 2014
- Trademark Clearance and Prosecution, San Fernando Valley Legal Secretaries Association, Los Angeles, CA, November 2013
United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Board of Governors, Philippine American Bar Association (PABA)
- Member, Los Angeles Intellectual Property Association (LAIPLA)
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
Awards & Honors
Southern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters and the publishers of Los Angeles Magazine
Southwestern University School of Law
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2005
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Copyright Law, Advanced Copyright Law, Patent Law, Immigration Law, Community Property
- Recipient, Exceptional Achievement Award, Patent Application Drafting
- Named, Dean’s List, 2003-2005
- Recipient, Dean’s Merit Award, 2003-2005
- Top 10% of graduating class
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, magna cum laude, 1999
- Provost’s Honor List and Chemistry and Biochemistry Departmental Honors