- Email: Kyle.Black@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 412.250.7304
- Fax: 412.567.5494
Kyle Black, CIPP/US is an associate in the Pittsburgh office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Data Privacy & Cybersecurity and Complex Business & Commercial Litigation Practices.
Kyle counsels clients on best practices in information privacy and data security. He also assists clients in responding to data security incidents, including deploying forensics and consumer remediation services. Kyle possesses the Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) credential, required to perform ISO 27002 (“Information technology -- Security techniques -- Code of practice for information security controls”) audits.
Kyle also represents clients in commercial and business disputes in matters ranging from trade secret mediation to complex multi-project construction contract litigation in both state and federal court. Kyle also has experience in defending insured companies and self-insured entities in premises liability as well as workers’ compensation cases.
Before joining Lewis Brisbois, Kyle practiced with a large regional defense firm. During law school, Kyle interned with the Honorable Mary Jane Bowes in the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, as well as with the Honorable Arnold Klein in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas.
- April 05, 2018 Lauren Godfrey, Kyle Black Published in ABA Journal
- February 26, 2018 Kyle Black Featured in Workers’ Comp Podcast
- Wear, Flowers, Black, Anderson & Godfrey, “Recent Developments in Cybersecurity and Data Privacy,” 53 ABA TTIPS Law Journal, P. 291 (2017 Annual Survey Issue)(Winter 2018)
- Torrey, McIntyre, Black & Beck, "Recent Developments in Workers' Compensation and Employers' Liability Law," 53 ABA TTIPS Law Journal, P. 703 (2017 Annual Survey Issue)(Winter 2018)
- Torrey, McIntyre, Black & Beck, "Recent Developments in Workers' Compensation and Employers' Liability Law," 52 ABA TTIPS Law Journal, P. 709 (2016 Annual Survey Issue)(Winter 2017)
- The Three Main Exceptions to the At-Will Employment Presumption, Lawyers Journal, The Journal of the Allegheny County Bar Association (Aug. 19, 2016)
- Certificate in International and Comparative Law, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2015
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
University of Pittsburgh School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2015
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and African American Studies, 2011