- Email: Jonathan.Berkowitz@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 212.232.1356
- Fax: 212.232.1399
Jonathan Berkowitz is a partner in the New York office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the General Liability Practice. He is a 2007 graduate of the Hofstra University School of Law. While in law school, Mr. Berkowitz obtained invaluable experience working with the Honorable Joseph P. Spinola, who at that time served as a Justice of the Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Nassau.
Mr. Berkowitz is presently admitted to the practice of law in the Courts of the States of New York and New Jersey, as well as in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
He is an experienced litigator who strives to provide comprehensive, cost-effective and result-driven counsel to a diverse client base.
Mr. Berkowitz has represented clients, including: the largest private university in the United States, major credit card and financial service corporations, national retail chain stores and liability insurance carriers.
Among his accomplishments to date, Jonathan has represented his clients' interests in the following matters:
- Defense of commercial property owners and occupants in matters ranging from trip-and-fall, slip-and-fall, construction-accident, elevator-related, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution and defamation claims.
- Defense of multi-state trucking, inter- and intra-state moving companies and commercial businesses in automobile cases involving both commercial and passenger motor vehicles.
- Prosecution and defense of claims to uphold clients' contractual rights in commercial matters in the State and Federal Courts and the American Arbitration Association.
- Enforcement of breaches of promissory notes and personal guarantees.
- Participation in numerous private mediations.
Nissan Motor Acceptance Corporation v. Scialpi, 83 A.D.3d 1020, 921 N.Y.S.2d 548 (2nd Dep't 2011)
United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
United States District Court, Southern District of New York
Courts of the State of New York
Courts of the State of New Jersey
Hofstra University School of Law
University of Florida
Bachelor of Science in Journalism