- Email: John.Bender@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 206.455.7406
- Fax: 206.436.2030
John Bender is an associate in the Seattle office of Lewis Brisbois. His practice focuses on resolving challenging commercial, corporate and other complex civil cases on behalf of businesses and individuals. He has represented clients in matters involving breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation, consumer protection and unfair business practices, trade secret misappropriation, commercial class-action litigation and in regulatory investigations by state and federal agencies.
John graduated from the University of Washington School of Law after spending his first year of law school at Seattle University where he earned the "CALI Excellence for the Future Award" in Legal Writing and was invited onto law review. John has been published by the National Business Institute, the American Bar Association’s Franchise Law Journal, Today’s General Counsel, Law360, The Seattle Times and the ABA’s Commercial and Business Litigation Committee.
- Delaware Case Makes It Easier for Duped Shareholders to Sue, Today’s General Counsel, Oct/Nov 2016.
- Reexamination of Direct-Derivative Distinction Under Tooley for Common Law 'Holder Claims', American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Commercial and Business Litigation Committee (Summer, 2016)
- Washington’s New LLC Act: Out with the Old, In with the New, Defense News, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, Winter Issue, 2015.
- Washington’s New LLC Act: Out with the Old, In with the New, Law360 (LexisNexis), December 23, 2015.
- Barking Up the Wrong Tree: the NLRB’s Joint Employer Standard and the Case for Preserving the Formalities of Business Format Franchising, 35 Franchise L.J. 209 (2015).
- Blurred Lines in Small Business; Disagreements to Legal Disputes. National Business Institute, Partnership and Shareholder Disputes from Start to Finish (2014).
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- Washington State Bar Association – Business Law Section
- King County Bar Association – Business Law Section
- American Bar Association – Forum on Franchising, Commercial and Business Litigation Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Compliance and Legal Society of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA)
University of Washington School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2015
Seattle University School of Law
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2012