- Email: Patricia.Bello@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 304.553.0107
- Fax: 304.343.1805
Patricia Bello is a partner in the Charleston, West Virginia office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Toxic Tort & Environmental Litigation Practice. Her practice focuses primarily on products and premises liability. Ms. Bello has experience defending toxic tort claims involving asbestos and other industrial exposures to toxic substances.
In addition, Ms. Bello has successfully defended physicians and hospitals in medical professional liability actions seeking damages for personal injury and wrongful death at both the state and federal level. She also has significant appellate experience in drafting appeals and writs of prohibition before the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia.
Ms. Bello graduated from the University of Dayton School of Law in 2010. At Dayton, she was active in both Moot Court and Law Review. Ms. Bello received the “Best Brief Award” for her efforts in the Walter H. Rice Moot Court Competition held at Dayton and, her law review article entitled "Tinkering with Restrictions on Educator Speech: Can School Boards Restrict What Educators Say on Social Networking Sites?" was selected for publication in Volume 36, Issue 1, of the University of Dayton Law Review.
- Jackson Kelly PLLC, Associate Attorney, 2010 - 2015
- The Honorable John M. Meagher (Retired), Law Clerk, 2009 - 2010
- The United States Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Ohio, Legal Extern, 2009 - 2010
- Surdyk, Dowd & Turner, Co., LPA, Law Clerk, 2008 - 2009
- "Tinkering with Restrictions on Educator Speech: Can School Boards Restrict What Educators Say on Social Networking Sites?" University of Dayton Law Review, Volume 36, Issue 1
- Co‑author with Gretchen Callas, "Preemption: Where does the Court stand after Bruesewitz v. Wyeth, LLC and Williamson v. Mazda Motor of America, Inc.?," Law360, March 2011
- Co‑author with Gretchen Callas, "What did we learn?: Examining the Court's Recent Decisions on Preemption," Law360, July 2011
Fund for the Arts, Blues Brews & BBQ/ Wine & All That Jazz Festival, planning board member
United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Member, Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Litigation Counsel of America
Awards & Honors
- 2014 – 2018 West Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star for Class Action/Mass Tort.
- Best Brief Award, Walter H. Rice Moot Court Competition, University of Dayton School of Law
University of Dayton School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2010
University of Akron
Bachelor of Arts, 2007