- Email: Jessica.Beckwith@lewisbrisbois.com
- Phone: 602.385.1035
- Fax: 602.385.1051
Jessica Beckwith is a partner in the Los Angeles and Phoenix offices of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Real Estate & Environmental Practice as well as the Professional Liability Practice. Ms. Beckwith's practice is focused on environmental law and attorney regulation and ethics.
Ms. Beckwith represents clients in environmental litigation and frequently advises clients on solid waste, wastewater, recycling, and recycled water contracts, ordinances, laws, and regulations. Ms. Beckwith also has extensive experience representing and counseling clients in a variety of administrative proceedings, government tort claims/notices of claims, and public records requests and litigation.
Her experience in attorney regulation and ethics includes advising attorneys and law firms on matters relating to bar charges in Arizona and State Bar complaints in California, as well as fee disputes, disciplinary matters, disqualification issues, bar admissions, and other licensing, ethics, and professional responsibility issues. She also worked for over two years at the State Bar of California, Office of Chief Trial Counsel, as both Deputy and Senior Trial Counsel, representing the State Bar of California and the Committee of Bar Examiners. In that role, she tried a number of cases before the State Bar Court of California. She also managed and directed State Bar investigators in conducting their investigations into disciplinary violations.
Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- Notre Dame Club of Phoenix, 2009 - 2010; 2016 - Present
- Xavier College Preparatory Alumnae Board, 2018 - Present
- Notre Dame Club of Los Angeles, 2010 - 2016
- Young Professionals Council Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, 2013 - 2016
- Author, "Ghostwriting-An Ethical Business Model Not Without Some Pitfalls for the Unwary," Maricopa Lawyer, July 2018.
- Author, “Online Legal Service Marketplaces: Improving Access to Justice? A Way for Non-Lawyers to Get a Piece of the Legal Market? Unethical Fee Splitting with Non-Lawyers?” Maricopa Lawyer, May 2018.
- Author, “Ethics in the Court of Public Opinion,” Maricopa Lawyer, April 2018.
- Author, “Practice of Law Not Immune from #MeToo Movement,” Maricopa Lawyer, March 2018.
- Author, "Attorney Succession Planning and Thinking About the Future,” Maricopa Lawyer, February 2018.
- Association of Discipline Defense Counsel, 2014 - Present
- Maricopa County Bar Association, 2017 - Present
- Regular Contributing Writer on Ethics Matters, 2018 - Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2012 - 2016
- Professional Responsibility and Ethics Committee, 2014 - 2016
Loyola University Chicago School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2009
University of Notre Dame
Bachelor of Arts in American Studies, cum laude, 2006