Records Specialist – Seattle
October 12, 2017
The Seattle office of Lewis Brisbois is looking for a Records Specialist with 3+ years of hands-on electronic records experience in a law firm environment. Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP ("Lewis Brisbois") is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,125 attorneys and 42 offices in 26 states. As a result of growth and expansion, we are currently searching for a Records Specialist to work in our Seattle office. The Records Specialist will accurately and efficiently maintain an electronic filing system creating access to documents office-wide. The hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Sort incoming records by identifying, indexing, and filing documents under their respective client matter numbers
- Scan, save, and organize documents according to the firm’s document management system
- Quality control the work product of others assisting with scanning and database additions
- Assume responsibility for maintaining the highest level of confidentiality of all firm records
- Uphold records procedures for consistent naming conventions and storage locations
- Orient new employees about using the firm’s electronic filing systems
- Attend monthly records management meetings and provide best practices input
- Self-starter who is able to work with little supervision, be extremely organized, and very detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize incoming work to meet deadlines
- Effectively communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor and customer service approach to problem-solving during busy times
- Creative thinking to help minimize the need for repetitive tasks
- Follows through with minimal direction and takes initiative
- Flexibility to work light overtime when deadlines warrant it
- Treats others with respect and contributes to a positive team environment
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office and pdf conversion software; Nuance experience is a plus!
- Understand and use the firm’s software database and records management systems
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to SeaHR@LewisBrisbois.com, and include “Seattle Records Specialist” in the subject line.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.Back to Career Search