Records Clerk - Seattle
June 11, 2018
Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,200 attorneys and 42 offices in 26 states. Our local Seattle office, which specializes in Insurance Defense, Environmental and Commercial Litigation has 19 friendly and collaborative attorneys and a great staff to work with.
Lewis Brisbois is seeking a full-time Records Clerk to join our Seattle office. The ideal candidate must be professional, responsible, and dependable, have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple duties and meet deadlines.
The hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with occasional, light overtime.
Ideal candidates will have:
- At least 2 years of file or records clerk experience; law firm experience is preferred
- Experience managing and maintaining a large file room; experience maintaining electronic records is ideal
- Strong team orientation and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Experience with records management database and/or software; NetDocuments experience is a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with pdf conversion software, e.g. Nuance, Adobe, etc.
- Comfortable learning new tools and programs
- Proficiency using a multi-line phone system, copier, scanner, fax, and printer
- Maintaining electronic and physical files with strict adherence to confidentiality standards
- Creation of new files
- Closing of client matters in compliance with the firm's retention policy
- Running and analysis of conflict checks
- Create and update documentation of records processes as needed
- Provide backup assistance to all clerks
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. For consideration, please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to SeaHR@LewisBrisbois.com, and include "Seattle Records Clerk" in the subject line.Back to Career Search