Paralegal - Miami (Coral Gables)
July 07, 2017
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is a national law firm that is seeking a professional, proactive litigation paralegal to join its growing, fast-paced office in Miami (Coral Gables). Responsibilities for the litigation paralegal will include, but are not limited to, litigation case management, preparing filings and documents, page line deposition summaries, medical records summaries, trial prep, and legal research.
- Minimum of 3+ years of substantive litigation experience
- Experienced, well-organized, and independent
- Expected to bill a minimum of 1600 hours annually
- Flexibility to work overtime
- E-filing experience in state and federal courts
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of trial: case management, doc review, and trial experience
- Proficiency in e-discovery and litigation support tools such as Relativity
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple priorities and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Litigation paralegal will exercise excellent judgment, decision-making skills, and strong organizational skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Strong experience with subpoenas, reviewing medical records, and research. Performs any and all other duties as necessary for the efficient functioning of the department, office, and firm. Practices and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Ability to work independently with minimal direction. Ability to work directly with partners, associates, co-counsel, and clients. Ability to delegate tasks and engage firm resources in the completion of large projects. Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented. Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to think critically and analytically in a pressured environment. Ability to multi-task and to manage time effectively. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with computerized litigation databases. Ability to perform electronic research using Westlaw and/or Lexis
Use the reference code “MIA-Paralegal” in the subject line of your email. Please email your cover letter, along with your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Career Search