New Matter Memo Clerk – San Francisco
January 11, 2018
The San Francisco office of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is seeking to hire a qualified candidate for the New Matter Memo Clerk position.
This position demands sharp analytic and organization skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure. Also important are solid research skills, strong customer service, ability to efficiently multi-task, highly detail-oriented, and self motivated. Must have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. A team player and self-starter who requires little supervision. Computer literate and able to learn quickly. Intermediate skills using MS Word, Ten Key, Excel, Outlook and comfortable with a variety of computer software programs. At least one year of prior experience as a law firm new matter clerk or general clerk is required.
A New Matter Memo is a form containing pertinent information regarding a new case or a new client.
Duties of a New Matter Memo Clerk include but are not limited to:
- Obtain necessary information from attorney, secretary or other resources to complete the new matter memo and prepare the required letters and forms
- Log, track and monitor the status of the NMMs until a client/matter number has been assigned
- Distribute the client/matter number once assigned
- Assist other members of the SF Accounting team for work overflow or to cover when needed
- Assist or handle other responsibilities as assigned
Competitive salary and benefits, including transportation allowance, friendly work environment, easy BART access.
Please send resumes with professional references to: SFHR@lewisbrisbois.comBack to Career Search