Litigation Secretary – Seattle
September 08, 2017
The Seattle office of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is seeking a litigation secretary with 5+ years’ experience in any of a variety of areas including professional and general liability, legal malpractice, bad faith, consumer and commercial litigation, toxic tort and environmental litigation, intellectual property or insurance defense. The full-time position is for a busy desk and requires thorough knowledge of State and Federal court procedures, court rules, e-filing procedures and a strong motions practice. Ability to quickly learn new software applications is a plus. Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP ("Lewis Brisbois") is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,125 attorneys and 42 offices in 26 states. The hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The attorney to secretary ratio is three to one.
- Review and distribute incoming mail and upload to document management system
- Draft documents, format and follow court filing requirements
- Calendar for court dates and discovery deadlines
- Confirm attorney appearances (with clients, court reporters, witnesses, and experts, etc.)
- Request continuances or extensions as needed
- Schedule conference rooms and arrange for court reporters, interpreters, and videographers
- Prepare subpoenas for service and arrange for messengers
- Copy, scan and fax documents as needed
- Schedule travel arrangements and submit expense receipts for payment
- Duties will vary according to specific attorneys and case type
- Self-starter who can work with little supervision, be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize incoming work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor and customer service approach during busy times
- Flexibility to work light overtime when deadlines warrant it
- Proficient PC, phone, copier and scanner skills
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Current working knowledge of document management systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and PDF conversion software; Nuance experience is a plus!
- Efficiently use document management software, docketing and records management systems
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to SeaHR@LewisBrisbois.com, and include “Seattle Litigation Secretary” in the subject line.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.Back to Career Search