Litigation Paralegal - Seattle
April 09, 2018
The Seattle office of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, is actively searching for a versatile Litigation Paralegal with 5+ years' experience and desire to work in a variety of defense litigation practice areas. Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,200 attorneys and 42 offices in 26 states. Our local Seattle office has 19 friendly and collaborative attorneys and a fun staff to work with.
This position may provide work opportunities in asbestos, bad faith, class action, construction defect, employment, general liability, healthcare guardianships, long term care and elder care, medical malpractice, professional liability, and toxic torts. Experience working with insurance companies and within billing guidelines is a plus, but not required. This full-time position has a strong motions practice and works with State and Federal court rules and e-filing procedures.
The hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with occasional, light overtime.
• Case administration
• Drafting and filing legal documents
• Scheduling expert witnesses and depositions
• Communicating with clients, opposing counsel, courts and vendors
• Reviewing medical and business records for preparation of detailed chronologies
• Preparing for and attending trial
• Assisting with special projects as assigned
• Self-starter who can work with little supervision and be extremely organized and detail oriented
• Can focus on the bigger picture and anticipate the next step well in advance of the deadline
• Advanced writing, grammar and communication skills
• Heavy document management and superb organizational techniques
• Discovery process oversight
• Creative thinking for efficiency and streamlining processes
• Demonstrates a warm and friendly, professional demeanor and customer service approach
• Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Proficient with pdf conversion software; Nuance experience is a plus!
• Current working knowledge of litigation support databases
• Experience with uploading to document management systems
• Knowledge of State and Federal court rules and procedures
• Paralegal certificate a plus!
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to SeaHR@LewisBrisbois.com.Back to Career Search