Litigation Paralegal – Seattle
November 06, 2017
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is looking for an experienced litigation paralegal with a minimum of 5 years of litigation experience to work on a broad spectrum of litigation including insurance defense, trucking and transportation law, workers’ compensation, maritime, product liability, asbestos litigation, construction defect, property damage and personal injury. With over 1,100 attorneys nationwide, our fast-paced office requires support by individuals who produce top quality work in a professional and efficient manner.
Our paralegals work with multiple attorneys and perform a variety of duties including case administration; the preparation, editing and filing of legal documents; scheduling of expert witnesses and depositions; communicating with internal and external parties; review and analysis of records; preparation of detailed medical chronologies; trial preparation; and other tasks as assigned by the attorneys.
- Heavy document management experience
- Discovery process oversight
- Medical records review and chronologies
- Concise and accurate verbal and written communications
- Consistent and punctual attendance
- Self-starter who is able to work with little supervision, be extremely organized, and very detail oriented
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor and customer service approach to problem-solving during busy times
- Creative thinking to help with efficiency and streamlining of tasks
- Flexibility to work light overtime when deadlines warrant it
- Treat others with respect and contribute to a positive team environment
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and pdf conversion software; Nuance experience is a plus!
- Current working knowledge of Litigation Support and Document Management Systems
- Current knowledge of Federal and State discovery rules
- Paralegal certificate preferred
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary preferences to: SeaHR@lewisbrisbois.com and include 'Seattle Litigation Paralegal' in the subject line.Back to Career Search