Litigation Paralegal – Seattle
September 13, 2017
The Seattle office of Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is looking for an experienced Litigation Paralegal with a minimum of 5+ years of experience to work with our legal team on general liability and insurance defense cases, health care and medical malpractice, professional liability, commercial, and environmental litigation. Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,125 attorneys and 42 offices in 26 states.
- Set up initial case structure, organize case documents and calendar dates
- Prepare and file legal documents
- Schedule expert witnesses and depositions
- Communicate with legal team members, clients, counsel, experts and court clerks
- Draft FOIA requests
- Prepare stipulations and subpoenas for medical and business records
- Review documents and prepare detailed chronologies
- Prepare for depositions, hearings, and trial
- Assist with additional tasks assigned by the attorneys
- Self-starter who is able to work with little supervision, be extremely organized, and very detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize incoming work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor and customer service approach to problem-solving during busy times
- Creative thinking to help minimize the need for repetitive tasks
- Follow through with minimal direction and take initiative
- Flexibility to work light overtime when deadlines warrant it
- Treat others with respect and contribute to a positive team environment
- Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF conversion software; Nuance experience is a plus!
- Current working knowledge of Litigation Support and Document Management Systems
- Current knowledge of Federal and State discovery rules
- Paralegal certificate preferred
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to SeaHR@LewisBrisbois.com, and include “Seattle Litigation Paralegal” in the subject line.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment, and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.Back to Career Search