Litigation Paralegal – Denver
September 05, 2017
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Full-Time
- Reports directly to the local Office Administrator on administrative matters.
- Reports directly to assigned partner(s) and associate(s) on work product matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential duties and responsibilities include those listed below. Other related duties may be assigned. Regular predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Performs a broad range of case related duties under the supervision of an attorney. Tasks include case planning, development and management, legal research from library sources and/or using LexisNexis or the computer assisted research program selected by the Firm, fact gathering and retrieving information, drafting and analyzing legal documents, collecting, compiling and utilizing technical information to make independent decisions and recommendations to supervising attorney. Works with attorneys on preparing and filing court documents, organizing exhibits and pleadings, and creating indices and chronologies. May provide computer assisted litigation, e-discovery, edocument management, and trial support including preparing exhibits, coordinating trial setup and logistics, assisting attorneys in the courtroom, and preparing witness, etc.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and do not represent that all such duties will be performed by all individuals who hold the job. The list of duties is not exhaustive in that incumbents may be assigned other duties in addition to those shown. All employees of the firm are expected to:
- Promote positive work habits, including effective and timely communication, team work, and respect for co-workers.
- Provide constructive guidelines to other employees and representatives of third parties who do business with the firm.
- Comply with safe work practices, including the use of safe work procedures, maintenance of a safe working area and the use of safety equipment.
- Contribute to provide the highest quality products and services to clients.
- Understand and appropriately apply the firm’s practices and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- This position has a minimum billable hour requirement of 1600 hours per year.
- Intermediate skills using:
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Sanction, Summation, Concordance, Relativity, Case Map, Text Map
- Document management systems
- All Colorado State and County as well as Federal Court filing systems, including CCEF (f/k/a ICCES), CM/ECF, PACER, and File & Serve Xpress/Mozato
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and understands the importance of deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exhibits strong communication skills
- Experience with Administrative Court Proceedings a plus
EDUCATION: Certificate of completion from a Paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years current experience as a litigation paralegal.
- Lewis Brisbois offers legal practice in more than 35 specialties and a multitude of subspecialties associated with each practice area. Our national practice is sophisticated, multi-faceted, and well versed in current legal trends, while our individual state practices provide vast resources and knowledge of procedural and legal nuances. Lewis Brisbois is known for its commitment to principled advocacy, an unflinching work ethic, and unyielding recognition of our duty to provide the highest level of service to our clients, who choose us because we take the time to understand their business interests and philosophies. The same service standards are also the objective for our functional and staff professional departments. Diversity is also an integral part of our culture and daily life, and Lewis Brisbois has repeatedly received national recognition for our commitment to embracing diversity.
- Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. We offer competitive compensation and a positive office culture.
All candidates should submit their resume and salary requirements to: DENrecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com. Please no recruiters and no phone inquiries regarding this posting.Back to Career Search