Law Firm Billing Specialist - Phoenix
August 10, 2017
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, a law firm with offices in Phoenix, is looking for a Billing Specialist with 4+ years of hands-on billing experience in a law firm environment. Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,125 attorneys and 42 offices in 26 states. We are listed among the prestigious AmLaw 100 and ranked 13th in the Law360 400 list of the nation's largest law firms. As a result of growth and expansion, we are currently searching for a Billing Specialist to work in our Phoenix office.
The Billing Specialist will accurately and efficiently generate, edit, prepare, and execute monthly prebills and subsequent invoices and appeals for submission to clients. Excellent communication skills and a high level of professional service to clients, management, attorneys, and other staff are required in order to successfully administer monthly billing and resolve inquiries and issues. The Billing Specialist must demonstrate expertise in all facets of the electronic billing function, particularly for insurance defense matters, which may include split and other complex billing arrangements.
- 4+ years' hands-on billing experience in a law firm, including 2+ years' electronic billing experience
- Hands-on familiarity with multiple e-billing vendor systems and outside counsel guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an aptitude for working with numbers
- Ability to present complex data and analysis and produce ad hoc reports
- Effectively communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients
- Detail-oriented with a customer service approach to problem solving
- Multitasks, uses time efficiently, and maintains a professional demeanor in high-stress situations
- Anticipates work needs and organizes work flow
- Follows through with minimal direction and takes initiative
- Flexibility to work light overtime when deadlines warrant it
- Treats others with respect and contributes to a positive team environment
- Advanced computer skills with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and a document management system
- Experience working with Aderant, Elite, LawTime (or equivalent) legal accounting software; eBillingHub a plus!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. For more information about our Firm, please visit our website at www.LewisBrisbois.com.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com and include “Phoenix Billing Specialist” in the subject line.Back to Career Search