Financial Analyst – Los Angeles
April 02, 2018
Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP (“Lewis Brisbois”) is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,200 attorneys and 42 offices in 26 states. We are listed among the prestigious AmLaw 100 and ranked 15th in the Law360 400 list of the nation’s largest law firms. As a result of rapid growth and expansion, we have an outstanding opportunity in our firm-wide accounting department in downtown Los Angeles for a Financial Analyst. We offer an excellent rewards package that includes competitive compensation, medical, dental and life insurance, vacation and sick pay, as well as a wide range of voluntary benefits. The Financial Analyst reports to the Chief Financial Officer and works closely with other firm management and personnel to provide support to various functional areas across the firm. The Financial Analyst provides accounting, finance and analytical support - including designing and providing ad hoc analysis, reports and queries - to the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Finance, and other finance, accounting and operations management. The Financial Analyst designs, analyzes, generates, prepares and provides reports and analyses for various purposes and departments including payroll, human resources, benefits, compensation, tax and staffing. Excellent analytical ability, communication, interaction and a high level of professional service is required in order to effectively and efficiently provide accurate and timely work product and to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- 4 to 6 or more years directly related work experience in a fast paced accounting environment.
- Expert level proficiency with Excel. Strong hands-on background and knowledge of: SQL and other programming and query languages and tools; finance, accounting and general ledger systems, processes and procedures; and finance and accounting concepts.
- Law firm experience ideal; otherwise professional services experience strongly preferred; insurance industry and insurance defense experience very desirable.
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or a related field required.
- Ability to create, edit, summarize and present complex data, analyses and ad hoc reports.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and working with and analyzing large amounts of complex dynamic data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Effectively interact and communicate with various levels of personnel and functional areas.
- Detail-oriented with a customer service approach and attitude to problem-solving.
- Perform with minimal direction and follow up independently and on own initiative.
- Flexibility to adjust to varied situations and possibly work weekends or evenings as needed.
MORE ABOUT LEWIS BRISBOIS:
We offer legal practice in more than 35 specialties and a multitude of subspecialties associated with each practice area. Our national practice is sophisticated, multi-faceted, and well versed in current legal trends, while our individual state practices provide vast resources and knowledge of procedural and legal nuances. Lewis Brisbois is known for its commitment to principled advocacy, an unflinching work ethic, and unyielding recognition of our duty to provide the highest level of service to our clients, who choose us because we take the time to understand their business interests and philosophies. The same service standards are also the objective for our functional and staff professional departments. Diversity is also an integral part of our culture and daily life, and Lewis Brisbois has repeatedly received national recognition for our commitment to embracing diversity, including recent rankings by Law360 as the 3rd best firm in the United States for diversity and 4th best for women.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search