Communications Specialist - New York
May 09, 2018
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP, a national AmLaw 100 firm, has an immediate opening in our New York office for a Communications Specialist. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for raising the visibility and increasing awareness of our firm and attorneys through the creation of client-facing and internal communications across print, digital, and social media platforms.
- Drafting and distributing press releases to media outlets, including local and national legal and business press.
- Managing press relations for the firm – developing relationships with journalists in order to introduce partners as future quote sources and content providers.
- Editing lawyer-written client alerts and blog posts, and offering guidance on best practices for successful content marketing.
- Writing copy for website posts.
- Overseeing our social media presence, including writing copy for posts and developing strategy for effective social media marketing.
- Tracking and reporting on content marketing metrics, especially as related to client alerts and social media posts.
- Overseeing our monthly internal newsletter, including collecting and editing article submissions and coordinating with our Graphic Design team on layout.
- Creating content for internal email communications campaigns.
ADDITIONAL WRITING AND EDITING
- Assisting with content creation for surveys, rankings, and award applications.
- Writing copy for sponsorship ads and other advertising.
- General proofreading of Marketing-created content, including RFP responses and major pitches.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as Marketing, Journalism, English, or Communications.
- Three to five years of experience; law firm or journalism experience preferable.
- Excellent written communication and proofreading skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Tech-savvy and familiar with Word, InDesign, and blog and social media platforms.
- Critical thinking skills and an understanding of trends and best practices in content marketing.
- Positive attitude – no task is too great or too small.
Please submit your resume to NYRecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com for immediate consideration.Back to Career Search