Billing Specialist – Los Angeles
September 12, 2017
Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP (“Lewis Brisbois”) is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,125 attorneys and 42 offices in 26 states. We are listed among the prestigious AmLaw 100 and ranked 13th in the Law360 400 list of the nation’s largest law firms. As a result of growth and expansion, we are currently searching for Billing Specialists. The Billing Specialist will accurately and efficiently generate, edit, prepare and execute monthly prebills and subsequent invoices and appeals for submission to clients. Excellent communication and a high level of professional service to clients, management, attorneys and other staff are required in order to effectively, efficiently and successfully administer monthly billing, and research, respond to and resolve inquiries or discrepancies regarding billing related issues. Along with attorneys and other functional area stakeholders, the Billing Specialist will take ownership of all steps in the billing process. The Billing Specialist must have a high level and commitment to quality customer service, professionalism, and interpersonal skills, as the role requires interaction with management, attorneys, and other staff, in addition to firm clients, in the midst of a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The Billing Specialist must understand and demonstrate expertise in all facets of the electronic billing function, particularly for insurance defense matters which may include split and other complex billing arrangements.
- 4 to 6 or more years hands-on billing experience in a law firm environment, including 2 to 3 or more years electronic billing experience.
- Aderant, Elite, LawTime (or equivalent) legal accounting software experience. eBillingHub experience a plus.
- Hands on familiarity with multiple e-billing vendor systems and outside counsel guidelines.
- Strong technology and office skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook, and ability to create, edit, and present complex data, analyses and ad hoc reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Effectively and credibly interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Detail-oriented with a customer service approach and attitude to problem-solving.
- Anticipate work needs and organize work flow; follow through with minimal direction and follow up independently and on own initiative.
- Multi-task, use time efficiently and perform professionally and at a high level under tight deadlines and in a fast paced ever-changing work environment, and successfully prioritize and adapt to changing demands.
- Flexibility to adjust to varied situations and possibly work weekends or evenings as needed.
- High school diploma required; college level courses in Accounting or Accounting Degree is a plus.
We offer legal practice in more than 35 specialties and a multitude of subspecialties associated with each practice area. Our national practice is sophisticated, multi-faceted, and well versed in current legal trends, while our individual state practices provide vast resources and knowledge of procedural and legal nuances. Lewis Brisbois is known for its commitment to principled advocacy, an unflinching work ethic, and unyielding recognition of our duty to provide the highest level of service to our clients, who choose us because we take the time to understand their business interests and philosophies. The same service standards are also the objective for our functional and staff professional departments. Diversity is also an integral part of our culture and daily life, and Lewis Brisbois has repeatedly received national recognition for our commitment to embracing diversity, including recent rankings by Law360 as the 3rd best firm in the United States for diversity and 4th best for women.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to: LARecruiter@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search