Billing Specialist - Costa Mesa
August 02, 2017
Established in 1979, Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP is a national, full-service law firm with more than 1,125 attorneys and 41 offices in 26 states. We are listed among the prestigious AmLaw 100 and ranked 13th in the Law360 400 list of the nation’s largest law firms. As a result of growth and expansion, we are currently searching for Billing Specialists. The Billing Specialist will accurately and efficiently generate, edit, prepare, and execute monthly prebills and subsequent invoices and appeals for submission to clients. Excellent communication and a high level of professional service to clients, management, attorneys, and other staff are required in order to effectively, efficiently, and successfully administer monthly billing and research, respond to, and resolve inquiries or discrepancies regarding billing related issues. Along with attorneys and other functional area stakeholders, the Billing Specialist will take ownership of all steps in the billing process. The Billing Specialist must have a high level of and commitment to quality customer service, professionalism, and interpersonal skills, as the role requires interaction with management, attorneys, and other staff, in addition to firm clients, in the midst of a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The Billing Specialist must understand and demonstrate expertise in all facets of the electronic billing function, particularly for insurance defense matters, which may include split and other complex billing arrangements.
Education Requirement: High School / GED
Experience Requirement: 3-5 years
- 4 to 6 or more years hands-on billing experience in a law firm environment, including 2 to 3 or more years electronic billing experience.
- Aderant, Elite, LawTime (or equivalent) legal accounting software experience. eBillingHub experience a plus.
- Hands on familiarity with multiple e-billing vendor systems and outside counsel guidelines.
- Strong technology and office skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook, and ability to create, edit, and present complex data, analyses, and ad hoc reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Effectively and credibly interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Detail-oriented with a customer service approach and attitude to problem-solving.
- Anticipate work needs and organize work flow; follow through with minimal direction and follow up independently and on own initiative.
- Multi-task, use time efficiently, and perform professionally and at a high level under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment and successfully prioritize and adapt to changing demands.
- Flexibility to adjust to varied situations and possibly work weekends or evenings as needed.
- High school diploma required; college level courses in accounting or accounting degree is a plus.
Lewis Brisbois is committed to equal employment opportunity in hiring, employment, and promotion decisions. Lewis Brisbois seeks to employ and advance the best qualified employee without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), denial of family and medical care leave, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or membership in any other protected classes recognized by federal or applicable state or local law.
LBBS does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies with respect to the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact LBBS’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to LBBS. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/agency and LBBS. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of LBBS. LBBS shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Send your resume and salary history to us at email@example.com.Back to Career Search