Billing Specialist – Dallas
January 04, 2018
REPORTING AND SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports to the Billing Supervisor. This position may receive guidance and direction from other Billing Specialists. This position may provide guidance and direction to other Billing Specialists or Clerks.
The Billing Specialist will have excellent communication skills and a high level of professional service to clients, management, attorneys and other staff in order to effectively, efficiently and successfully administer monthly billing, and research, respond to and resolve inquiries or discrepancies regarding billing related issues. The Billing Specialist must have a high level and commitment to quality customer service, professionalism, and interpersonal skills, as the role requires interaction with management, attorneys, and other staff, in addition to firm clients, in the midst of a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The Billing Specialist must understand and demonstrate expertise in all facets of the electronic billing function, particularly for insurance defense matters which may include split and other complex billing arrangements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The following is intended to describe the general nature of the job. The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned in addition to those listed. The items listed below are considered daily functions associated with this position:
- Accurately and efficiently generate, edit, prepare and execute monthly prebills and subsequent invoices and appeals for submission to clients.
- Along with attorneys and other functional area stakeholders, take ownership of all steps in the billing process.
- Understand and demonstrate expertise in all facets of the electronic billing function, particularly for insurance defense matters which may include split and other complex billing arrangements.
- Ensure proper billing protocol and established guidelines are followed.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing related issues.
- Update billing log to capture and reflect all actions taken and status of matters.
- Other duties as assigned / needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Occasional lifting of heavy paperwork such as checks. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, standing, bending, kneeling, lifting, or carrying.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Hands on familiarity with multiple e-billing vendor systems and outside counsel guidelines.
- Strong technology and office skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook, and ability to create, edit, and present complex data, analyses and ad hoc reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with an aptitude for working with numbers.
- Effectively and credibly interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Detail-oriented with a customer service approach and attitude to problem-solving.
- Anticipate work needs and organize work flow; follow through with minimal direction and follow up independently and on own initiative.
- Multi-task, use time efficiently and perform professionally and at a high level under tight deadlines and in a fast paced ever-changing work environment, and successfully prioritize and adapt to changing demands.
- Flexibility to adjust to varied situations and possibly work weekends or evenings as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4 to 6 or more years hands-on billing experience in a law firm environment, including 2 to 3 or more years electronic billing experience.
- Aderant, Elite, LawTime (or equivalent) legal accounting software experience. eBillingHub experience a plus.
- High school diploma required; college level courses in Accounting or Accounting Degree is a plus.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.Back to Career Search