Accounts Payable Specialist – Los Angeles
February 07, 2018
The Accounts Payable Specialist position works within the department performing the Firm’s full cycle accounts payable process. Responsibilities include accounts payable and AP related account reconciliations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Daily activities include processing of invoices, expense reports and other accounts payable items, and AP accounts reconciliations.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Full-Time
REPORTING AND SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS:
Reports directly to Accounts Payable Supervisor or Accounts Payable Manager. This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The following is intended to describe the general nature of the job. The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned in addition to those listed. The items listed below are considered daily functions associated with this position:
- Daily processing of vendor invoices which includes but not limited to scanning invoices and data entry into the Accounts Payable software program.
- Monitor and follow up on the status of invoices in the AP Workflow program.
- Review invoices for back-up documentation and approvals prior to payment.
- Audit expense reimbursements and process through the Expense Program.
- Process daily check requests from all offices.
- Process EDI invoices for large vendors.
- Audits and processes purchasing credit card.
- Effectively communicates with vendors on payment issues including timely research of past due invoices.
- Enter other AP transactions such as wire transfers, vendor adjustments, and manual checks.
- Send vendor bills to outside parties in accordance with Firm’s client guidelines.
- Interface with Billing department, secretaries, attorneys, Office Administrator on various issues involving payment of vendor invoices.
- Monitor the AP vendor line.
- Other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Occasional lifting of heavy paperwork such as checks. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking, standing, bending, kneeling, lifting, or carrying.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office and comfortable with a variety of Accounting software programs.
- Understand and appropriately apply the firm’s practices and procedures.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and self motivated.
- Must be able to effectively communicate through oral and written means.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3-4 years experience working as AP Specialist.
- 1-2 years experience working in a Law firm preferred.
Please send all resumes to: LARecruiterAP@lewisbrisbois.com.Back to Career Search